GRID Consulting Limited is a leading Nigerian multi-disciplinary consultancy firm with a long tradition of high quality, client-focused consulting work. We partner with clients on the national, sub-national, grass root, Small & Medium Scale Enterprises (SME) and corporate levels in Nigeria and across Sub-Saharan Africa to inform policy and strategy and to effect change.
The Accounts Clerk will work in the Accounts department headed by the Chief Accountant; who will have an oversight on his/her input. S/he will work as an active member of the accounts team to ensure smooth and effective day to day running of the department. S/he will provide support to the chief accountant and other members of the accounts team in general accounting, budgeting, payroll, treasury services, bank reconciliation, financial reporting and procurement.
Main Duties include:
- Writing of cheques for all approved payment vouchers, salaries and payment of payroll related deductions to the relevant authorities
- Reconciliation of accounts for staff and clients
- Accurate and regular filling of documents for easy retrieval
- Posting of payment vouchers into the computer system
Minimum qualification and requirements:
- The ideal candidate should possess a BSc in any of the Accounting related courses or its equivalent/ relevant discipline
- Interested candidate should possess a minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience in a similar role
- Ability to pay attention to details and affinity for figures are desirable skills
- S/he should possess excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior working experience in an audit firm will be an added advantage
- The ideal candidate will have strong background knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures
- S/he will be highly proficient in computer appreciation; ability to use accounting software preferably QuickBooks accounting package is a requirement for this position
How to Apply
To apply for this post, please email an application letter addressing your suitability for the post and an updated CV email@example.com . Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 23rd August 2012
Interview date: Commences thereafter